I trust you had an amazing weekend.Couldn’t wait for the new week.It is always a joy to share with you what God has put in my heart,not as if I am deserving but as a priviledge from Him.
I have been reflecting on my life as a Christian and the graph has been a fluctuating one…there was a season where the graph was a deep trough.A season of complacency and passivity.
Are there moments when,as a Christian,you suddenly become complacent and passive?…You cannot seem to figure out where you are coming from or going to?…Times when the Christian life just seems too much to handle,with so much to absorb?…
From my experience as a Christian who has been there…here are some reasons for passivity and complacency:
- Lack of understanding-Why are you a Christian and not muslim or any other religion?
- Lifes’ Challenges-Life can hand you a number of lemons,you fail to make lemonade.
- Burn-out-Engaging in ‘Kingdom Business’ for the sake of it or to be seen results to burn-out that can lead to complacency.
- Bad Company-Pulling one down is always easier than pulling one up.Bad company corrupts good morals.No two-way about this.
- Unanswered prayer-You have prayed time and again but you feel like ‘God has given you a cold shoulder.’
- Information-There is a danger of making Christianity more of information than relationship.Head knowledge is good,but if the heart is left out then what?…You become a modern-day Pharisee;pure religion.Dangerous!
- Lack of mentorship-The Bible says,as Iron sharpens Iron,so one man sharpens another…Mentorship is recognized in the Bible.When one falls the other is there to lift up.In times of ‘Spiritual confusion/hardship’ you need someone to guide and counsel you.Do you have one?
Is it strange to go through this season?Of course not!…but…
The danger arises when you find yourself in such a state and you get comfortable…Revelation Chapter 3:15-16, “I know your deeds,that you are neither cold nor hot.I wish you were either one or the other!So because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”(NIV)
The beauty of this season is that,it gets you to introspect.It is in this season that God actually speaks.Are you listening to that still,small voice?
I love what Robert Greene on Mastery says,
“The conventional mind is passive-it consumes information and regurgitates it in familiar forms.The dimensional mind is active,transforming everything it digests into something new and original,creating instead of consuming.”
Are you consuming information and regurgitating it as it is?…Joshua 1:8 says, “Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth;meditate on it day and night…” Meditation is advocated for.As a Christian you do not only consume and regurgitate,chew the information you receive.Intentionally seek to understand the ‘why’ of your Christianity…As long as you grasp this,then the ‘how’ and ‘what’ fall in place and alas!Something new and original results for the glory of God.What am I saying here?…
It is okay to question why you believe in what you believe in and this is how authentic Christianity is birthed.
I came across a devotional that had something so profound written, “Information informs,but revelation transforms.It transforms your ‘have to’ to ‘want to’
For example, One would reason…”I have to go to church on Sunday.Anyway,what will I be doing at home on a Sunday? and another would say…”I want to go to church on Sunday because better is one day in His house than a thousand elsewhere.”
As long as the first has a ‘plot’ on Sunday,he or she would forego church as opposed to the second individual.
The why is extremely important.
Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9-11 admits,
“And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you,for my strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly,I will rather boast in my infirmities,that the power of Christ may rest upon me.Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities,in reproaches,in needs,in persecutions,in distresses for Christs’ sake.For when I am weak then I am strong.” (NKJV)
Wow!In that state,Gods’ grace is sufficient for you.In your weakness,then you are strong because the Power of Christ rests on you!Make your boast in Him.You might not understand,but believe it or not,His presence is assured.
Like Tasha Cobbs in her song Gracefully Broken,quit fighting alone,surrender to God and say, “Here I am God,arms wide open,pouring out my life,gracefully broken…set me on fire.”
He will take control,but no matter how much faith you have whenever you surrender to Him,without actions,it is D.E.A.D.Take steps.
James 2:14, “What does it profit,my brethren,if someone says he has faith but does not have works?Can faith save him?”(NKJV)
Surrender to Jesus,allow Him to lead you to a new place like He did for Saul the chief persecutor of the church.
Click below for this weeks’ song by Hillsong Young.
I am praying for you.
Have an Introspectful week!
Copyright ©2017.All Rights Reserved.